I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Monday, June 11, 2012

Too comfy to get up


I had a choice to make, 4" PVC perforated pipe or perforated corrugated pipe. I went with the corrugated.
My friend, Dean, came out and hooked me up! He cut the pipe at each corner and put in an elbow pipe. He also tied it all into a T connector and put a stub pipe of 4" PVC that will go up through the concrete floor.

It all went really well despite my best efforts to stay in bed until the latest possible moment and an unplanned and unnecessary stop at Lowes which made me later than I wanted to be.

Plus my stopping along the road to call my friend Patty, his wife, (left message) to tell her I would be there at 9:30 and then again when I pulled off the road when she called me back.

Might be time to get a hands free device. lol

So, all in all, once at the building site the project went really well. I forgot to bring duck tape and he had some in his truck. We needed a short piece of 4" PVC and the excavator had left a piece on site. We needed a T connector and my friend had one at his garage which I had gotten the day before.

My friend has done a lot of construction and he gave me a ton of tips and good advice.

What good advice have you gotten lately?

No comments: