I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hole for the water line


You have to use your head and not listen to the excavator (who is doing a great job BTW) when he says the hole for the water line should be right on top of the footing. 

A couple of weeks ago, I stood with the excavator facing the basement wall while discussing the next steps. I tried to clear my head on what I thought was a mistake.

I asked, "isn't the 4" concrete floor going to fill in the water line hole when it is poured?" 

I think the color washed out of the excavator's face.

Ugh!

My well guy said the concrete guy should have caught the problem when he was told to put the sleeve in there in the first place before he even set the forms.

Now what? 

Would you drill a hole 4" above this one? 

Would you add an elbow pipe?

Or what?

No comments: