I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Arrest Made

The city police detective finally arrested the guy who committed Identity Theft against me. The guy admitted to the detective last November that he had charged the stuff to my phone. Yes, He confessed. So why did it take until two weeks ago for the detective to arrest him?
Had he been on the lamb? No, Had he moved? No. Had he changed his confession. No. So why?
I have no idea.
Every time (the few times the detective returned my calls) I asked what was up, the detective replied that he had a lot of cases on his desk. My favorite line was when he told me that 'this was not the crime of the century.'
Thank you, Detective Cole.
But the business is done now. No word from the city prosecutors office, yet.

No comments: