I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Friday, January 22, 2010

Draft search

Been busy making decisions on the house. Overall size, kitchen size, bathroom layout, etc. I have also been on the search for a reasonably priced draftsman or architect. Some want to charge for concept drawings, construction drawings, and supervision of the build. That is great for them, but I only want the construction drawings and some won't break it out. The other hump is many have never done log homes because most everyone buys plans from the kit company and as you know I am not buying a kit.
The mill I am getting the wood from does do drawings and I can get stamped drawings for $1,500. While that is more reasonable than others it is way more than what I will spend on it, hopefully.
I do have a backup person, but I am looking at options.
It is all good as I know this challenge is only bringing me closer to the perfect person to work with.
They are getting closer and closer.
Pretty soon I will see who it is.

No comments: