I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh My...

I just spoke with the nicest man from Appalachian Log Homes. They are in Nashville Tennessee. Lord I wish he was here so I could meet him.

I called to ask if I can use a log preservative now while the logs are still drying. Now that I am peeling all these logs I want to make sure that they don't get ruined by my wrong doing in storage, etc. This guy told me what to do about everything. Yeah for nice people.

When he said to go to a salvage yard to get some old tin rooging, I knew I was in love. He must know me psychically or something. As it happens we saved all the tin roofing from my Mother's house when the contractor replaced it with new.

I will be off to the farm to drag it all up to Cope. H. to cover my peeled logs. He also told be about putting spacers (dryer sticks in the trade) in between the logs and they I can stack another row.
He also directed me away from a preservative until the logs are dryer.

No comments: