I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another Home Show



This time I went specifically to look at windows. Boy, those home shows are tiring. It is a lot of walking and it was really cold in the outer ring.


On the flip side, though, it was great to see so many window brands at one time in one place. The Andersons and Marvins, of course, seem to be the best. I do want wood, but I am getting a sneaking suspicion they will be the most $.


A side by side (one unit) double hung wood window med size from Pella is $2,000.


What the XXXX (heck)?


Talked to one log home dealer and again I am told one can not have a solid log wall on the gable end peak. The builder/manufacturer I am getting the logs from says you can and so does B. Allan Mackie, the god of log homes.


Cousin G has one gable end peak all log. Sometimes I think the dealers don't want to cut the angle so they say it can't be done.



This is Cousins front with the gable end solid log to the peak.

I put my name in a drawing for a wood stove, but they haven't called me yet to tell me I won.

No comments: