I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Home Construction Time

It has been a year and a half since I last posted...a lot has happened. In the past few months things have picked up and I wanted to start where I left off, but that requires too much brain power, so, instead I will tell you today's thoughts.

Home construction time isn't the same as Eastern Standard Time and it doesn't have 24 hours in a day - 7 days a week. Construction time is it's own thing.

I met an excavator at the property and can't wait to hear back from him on estimates for his work. He said it will be this week.

Last August I met with five excavators and spoke with another guy just about the septic. This is how that went:
Two separate guys each who were to price up the septic, stumping, and digging the hole for foundation never got back to me. A third, was way to expensive, so he was out of the running. A fourth was hired for the septic work (put in pipes) and told me he would start on Sept. 12, he has never been in touch with me. The fifth, was just in it for the stumping and foundation, he was hired to stump back in August and never came. And that one septic guy I spoke with about septic only and mailed septic requirements to, never got back to me.

Can you believe it? Are they all on some other time frame? Does this September mean next June?

I really hope this new guy works out. Pray for a good low price and that he is on my time.

Otherwise, I may chase down one of the ones that was hired and never showed up. I mean how many excavators do I have to talk to?

No comments: