I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day off

I realized to day I have a floating holiday to use this week! I will probably take the day off the day they pour the foundation walls.

Last week the excavator fine-tuned the site inside the hole. He spread the stone really neatly properly level inside the footings and sloped outside the footings. He removed every bit if stone on the top of the footings, too.

He called me Wed morning and said he finished up and the site is ready for the foundation walls to be put in. I left the concrete guy a message on his cell and at home.

Concrete guy called yesterday afternoon and said he was dropping the forms off at he site just then. The truck arrived while we spoke so it was a quick call.

He did say, however, that he was hoping to have the walls finished the end of this week.

End of the week? This coming week? He said yes. I don't know why it has moved slowly this week on his end, but it gives me time to do laundry, etc.

What are you doing the end of this coming week?

No comments: