I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Monday, June 18, 2012

New look

The #2 stone is laid in, but not quite finished yet. The excavator said he has some finishing to do. He is a real perfectionist and I am blessed to have him on this project.

It was so strange to pull in to the building site Saturday night and see the hole all one level now. The trenches are closed up with shale and stone. There is drain tile around the footings, now, under the stone.

The longer wall in this pic is the frost wall where the walkout basement (daylight wall) will be.

You can see that the frost wall is all filled in and it looks just like the footings all away around now except the frost wall has 3" of anchor bolts sticking up instead of a foot of rebar like on the sides which are exposed footings.


No comments: