I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Monday, October 6, 2008

It's raining , it's pouring, the old man is snoring.

It is still raining. The county said we should reschedule the appointment.

I felt the blood rush out of my face today. I left a message for the county guy about the rain and inadvertintly said "the intermitent stream has water in it". Never say stream when you are talking septic. That may be the cardinal rule of perc tests!
Hello, Treefort girl, what were you thinking? God, I felt awful, so a big swear word came out of my mouth, repeatedly, when I told Sammy what I had done. (I was swearing at my retardedness, not at him.) He said it would be alright, that once county guy sees the 'drainage ditch' he would see it was okay, and afterall, the stream is 100' from the septic area.
I said maybe I should make up a list of words to never say to the septic, well, road, planning board people or anyone else for that matter, that has anything to do with giving me approvals!

No comments: