I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Too much rock

County guy said the soil up on the knoll is no good for the septic. He didn't do the perc, he just looked in the holes. Anyway, we are going to dig new holes down toward the main road. Hopefully the soil may have eroded down to the lower level and left deeper top soil. Sammy was there and got the info and will bring the excavator back in and do more digging.
I picked up Suzie at 4:40am and we had already presoaked the holes. Well...we are getting pretty good at it. We are developing a system now, lol. I pick her up, she carries the lights, I pour the water, she has baked goods ready to eat for our reward.
Everyone is scheming on how to scare us/me. Suzie talks about witches and then had the idea that Sammy should have left a dummy on the bench. Neighbor and his wife think he should hide in the 6' hole and jump out at us...I'll have to be prepared with heart pills for the next jaunt out into the dark and spooky woods at 5am! Who knows what they will have in store for us.

No comments: