I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Am I there yet?

The house plans may be finished. I say may be because until that permit is in my hands you never know.

I have proofread them, except the fastener section, that one I skimmed. I don't want to look up all the info on fasteners, so there you go.

I have been working on these plans for far too long. Longer than any home owner should ever work on plans. I have been a student of architecture instead of as an observer.

On the flip side of my obsession, though, is that I have friends who have had their houses under construction and they tell me they don't want this wall or those windows, etc. I am hoping to avoid as many change orders as I can. So, all the time I spent on the plans (years) is paying off because i know most every aspect of the construction by heart. And I know what materials are going where, etc.

Fingers crossed that they will be on there way to the Engineer for a stamp tomorrow or Friday.

Are you tired of working on any particular aspect of your project?




No comments: