I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Exhausted

I am sooooo exhausted. I want to quit this project so many times. It is stressful and it doesn't move along at all and then it moves along so fast I have to hold on to my truck bumper to keep up.

Yesterday, I got a call from the guy who had the 8" culvert who was going to call when he got in extra 12" culvert which was supposed to be the next day. I didn't hear from him, but other things kept me busy. I had just been thinking about looking for his number and calling him to see what happened and then he called me.

Next, I picked up my truck from Toyota dealership, yes, another recall on Tacoma frames can-you-believe-it? Then Harbor Freight for ratchet staps, cable, more padlocks. Next home for quick phone calls, food, water and out the door.

Met guy with 8' tube gate, bought it $35. Drove to property, met sister, met a different concrete guy, unloaded gate at property with sis, went for walk with sis, then went many miles away and got 12" x 20' brand-new plastic culvert $100. from that guy who called me in the morning.

Drove back to property after stopping for directions, off-loaded, chained it up, covered it with brush, back home, tick check, shower, tick check, TV, bed.

I could not sleep. I was so worn out and could not sleep. My brain would not turn off.

In bed, I realized the way I chained the culvert was ridiculous. I wrapped a 4' chain around the middle and just randomly clicked on a padlock. But it wasn't snug or wrapped tight. I left 4' just loose and clicked the ends together.

Duh! I'll be back out there today.

Still tired.


No comments: