I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Monday, April 30, 2012

Change of plans

How many times can one change items on house plans?

I approved the plans on Friday knowing they weren't quite the window sizes I wanted, but I was too embarrassed to ask the draftsperson to change them again.

So, I bugged out over it all afternoon and through the weekend, but I was swamped and couldn't focus. This morning I sent him some emoticons and a few apologies and let him know I had been too embarrassed to ask - and then - I asked.

Please take out two particular foundation windows and please change the width from 38 to 34 on the #1, #3, and #4 house windows.

Gulp.

I hope he has a sense of humor. I mean, once I say I approve them the draftsperson starts printing them up to get stamped. He also makes an appointment with the engineer to stamp them. In my case it is a $50 charge to change anything after that. I hope the draftsperson hadn't already printed them, or actually best case scenario is that he was out on Friday.

How many changes would you make?

No comments: