I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Monday, November 3, 2008

Sand price.

First sand quote: $11.00 a yard. 20 yards per truck. Truck is a 10 wheel dump truck. Price includes delivery, but I forgot to ask if it includes tax. 
The vendor has approved sand and will guarantee it to perk. He also will deliver it to the town.  
I never realized it is like pizza delivery...you know some places won't deliver to your house depending on your neighborhood...like that, some won't deliver that far out.
Did I mention that after the thousands of dollars in sand is spent, that the county comes back out and percs the sand, after the entire sand created leach field is in place? If it fails, the sand has to be removed and new sand brought in. This is why it is important to get a guarantee on the sand.
Who would have thought?

No comments: