I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Well tour

Saturday the well guy, Barry Burger, will be out to look things over. I asked him to come and tell me what terrain and space his truck needs. Truck is 20-22' long, pounder goes up to 40' and when it is lowered it can get under most power lines. Best for him to come and look so that Sammy can clear out any trees that are in the way.
Prices are $18 a foot for casing and I forget $20 or 22 a foot for dig. This guy has a good reputation for being honest and stopping when he hits water. 
I also rode the school bus with him all through school.
I'm going with a pounded well as my research tells me they are the best to let the digger know they hit a vein. 
Drilling can go right past a vein and you may never know.
Oh, and he has a history of working with dowsers.
He isn't available until after the first of the year, but it is worth waiting and having someone I know and trust do the work than to bring a stranger in.
It will give Sammy time to clear the way and for me to finalize the building site which is leaning heavily on the mound. High and dry, and beautiful.

No comments: