I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Perk test

I have an appointment for the perk test! 10am Tuesday morning, unless there is a torrential downpour.
One 6' hole, two 30" holes (presoaked 4-5 hours ahead) and two 10-12" holes. Shallow holes are to be hand dug and the 6' one dug with a backhoe.
15 gallons of water standing by. (I'll have 30).
I left a message for Sammy with appointment time.
Ma offered her honey cans with covers for this which is great, because then I can bring up the water anytime now and not grow mosquito larve in it by Tuesday.

I am thinking of moving the perpendicular string line back 20' toward the main road to make it an even 200'. This way I can just add the footage and then finish and measure the long one that runs parrallel to the roads. The measurement that runs along the 'hill' will remain the same at 250' (possible adjustment at forthcoming survey of true property line).

No comments: