I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shooting too close


Last night there was a shooting a block and a half from here. A cop shot someone and there were helicopters over head for quite a while. They were pretty loud and I tried to catch sleep in between the time they were over my house. It was hard to get to sleep. I was restless because my daughter sleeps on the ground floor and I kept  thinking about all the hiding spots in the yard and cellarwell.

On the upside I must use this as a reminder to stop slacking and get a move on with the house project. I called my Bro-in-law this a.m. to ask him to help finish up my fort for winter. He said yes, so maybe in a couple of days, for sure early next week we'll get it done. I am using this to store building materials as I come across them and also to put some camping stuff in. 
Then I called my uncle to get his advice on the clearing and backhoe situation. He was busy when I called, but I told him I am going to come over to see him in the next couple of days. I know I can do it tomorrow at 2.
I'll try to call the logger when I get to work to see if he can log just where I want the driveway and house and how that all works $ wise.

No comments: