I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Trash time



On my way to the site yesterday I drove through Delmar, and you all know I rave about the trash in Delmar. Some of the best can be found there. Practically falling in my way on Main Ave. was a picnic table bench, wheelbarrow, and lawn mower! You know me, Urk...I grabbed the brakes and pulled in, loaded up and off I went.

I was thinking about making a sitting/eating area for Sammy and his sons while they do the work/build and now I have a start. The mower is for Bro-in-law. Further down the road Urk...again because isn't there a plastic bench for two and a canvas chair!

I already had the old cellar door in the truck I was going to use as a table in the woods. Once at the site I wheelbarrowed in the door, etc. and set up a fancy picnic area with the wheelbarrow holding up the table! Plenty of seating and of course fresh air.

Ma offered to loan me honey cans (5 gallon) to get the pond water for the perk test, and she happens to have caution tape for me to mark out particular areas. I was going to use string and then she offered the tape. The markings will stand out so much better with the wide, yellow tape, thanks Ma.

No comments: