I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More marking



I ran string from the curve at the crest of the 'hill' back toward the main road 179 feet, then hooked a right. I have only run string on the back side half way so far and will continue with it tomorrow. 
I measured the road frontage at 250' from the same curve to the upper neighbors posted sign. (The sign may be on Mom's property, but at least I have it close to the upper property line.)

I wrapped caution tape around the stakes I drove in marking the water vein and best well site. 

I also measured 6' up a tree on the bottom of the knoll. I plan to go up nine feet and then run a string straight out and hopefully it will touch the top of the knoll.

I am thinking about having the home basement a walkout on the bottom and the home main floor front door open out to the top part of the knoll.

I pick axed a 15" hole on the top and thankfully did not hit clay. Please pray for no clay and a great perk!

Yesterday, Sammy said he thought the knoll may be the best spot, and that since it is higher than other spots, we may not hit clay. 

No comments: