I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Commitments



Making commitments is a long, slow process for me. I have to check, check, and double check. Yuck.
How I long for the days of innocence when I just jumped in, eyes closed, and came out fine on the other side.

Not.

Being burned by my first draftsperson makes me so tentative on making commitments to the excavator and concrete guy.

But. I have done it.

The excavator, Danny-o, is sending his insurance papers over to me today. I left a message for the concrete guy, Daggie, to call me. The Town is looking for his insurance paperwork since he just did a job there a few months ago.

By morning, if not sooner, I will have the green light to do the foundation. Oh, and then there is a matter of the payment for the permit. I have to send the Town $200.

How are you with making commitments? Too many, not enough?

No comments: