I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Drained


Got out of work in plenty of time to take care of a lot of business. I had time to call a few plumbers and to go see the framing job by the contractor I met on Monday.

Instead, I ate a late lunch because I forgot to bring lunch to work and then I made my too familiar mistake.

I sat on the couch.

And then I lay on the couch.

When the phone rang at supper time, it gave me a boost. The concrete guy called to give me a plumber's name and number.

At 8pm I finally rolled off the cushions enough to dial the phone. Or press the phone buttons.
The plumber, John, was so nice. He is going away on a senior bus trip and will meet up with me next Saturday.

Then, I called another plumber and left a message.

I feel a little better to have gotten a couple of calls in anyway. Tomorrow morning I better get the move on and call another one. I have to get some quotes in so that when the foundation is poured I can get the rough plumbing in the basement in order for concrete guy to pour the floor.

I get drained from all I am supposed to be doing.

What kind of couch do you have?

No comments: