I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Lowes


Lowes was not fun yesterday. There were lots of sales persons everywhere, but no one was helping me. The sales guy at the counter nearest me was helping someone. I eventually said "excuse me, I am sorry to interrupt, but where are the double utility doors?"

After I looked at patio doors which were where he directed me, I had to go get someone to go get someone to help me again.

And again, and again.

Every time I had a question I had to search for someone to help.

Annoying!

I was getting pretty wound up to say the least.

I looked at double patio doors, catalogues of double utility doors (since they don't stock the solid ones) and tar for the foundation walls. I also attempted to look at thresholds and other door parts, but not much luck getting what I really wanted.

An hour later I left, but not before a really nice man (near the registers) asked me if I found everything I was looking for.

Poor guy, I am sure he wishes he never asked me because I told him. "There was no one to help me and I had to go find people and that no one was slacking (always conscious of not wanting to get anyone in trouble), but that I was not happy.

Should I go back to Lowes when I am ready to buy?

No comments: