I am building my first home. Lucky me because it is in the woods! It is an adventure I surely will not forget.

Me with Rory

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The phone hasn't rung.


I have been expecting the excavator's call all week. He was going to meet me last week to pin the stakes for the corners of the house.

I left him a message this afternoon, thinking he would call today at the latest.
I hope he is not running behind, but I suspect that he is. In the past he has not called until he is ready to start or to meet up.

It did rain the beginning of last week, so I truly suspect it has set him back.

I want him to start digging tomorrow because I want the walls finished by the time my brother comes home on Saturday for a week. He said he would tar the walls for me, so the foundation walls have to be up while he is here to tar them. Otherwise, I will have to tar it myself if I can.

I called a neighbor to get a couple of contractor names, one plumber and a framer. He gave me a framer's name who he says does everything.

I have to get that plumber lined up to rough-in the plumbing in the basement.

Do you need a plumber?



No comments: